Cleveland, Ohio

I have parked my car on the private property, the parking lot of the apartment building where I live. There was no sign whatsoever indicating that cars aren't allowed to park there. It was a perfectly legit parking space, yet I got a ticket for parking in a 'prohibited zone', whatever that means. It was issued by Cleveland Heights police, badge number 116.

When I called the number listed on the ticket, I was told that someone called me in. But the space I parked in, was not in the prohibited zone. I wonder if police even checks whether the call-in is correct, or just goes ahead & proceeds writing a ticket, no matter right or wrong.

Can one ever park in their parking lot and get a ticket for THAT? I am very disappointed. Will contest.

Attached is my drawing of the parking lot. It's just a general drawing; done without any scale; the L-shaped contrapture represents the 2 buildings, and the yellow-filled spaces represent parking spaces. However, the number of parking spaces on the drawing doesn't represent the actual number of parking spaces.

Review about: Parking Ticket In Error.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $35
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with City Of Cleveland Heights?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion