I have parked my car on the private property, the parking lot of the apartment building where I live. There was no sign whatsoever indicating that cars aren't allowed to park there. It was a perfectly legit parking space, yet I got a ticket for parking in a 'prohibited zone', whatever that means. It was issued by Cleveland Heights police, badge number 116.

When I called the number listed on the ticket, I was told that someone called me in. But the space I parked in, was not in the prohibited zone. I wonder if police even checks whether the call-in is correct, or just goes ahead & proceeds writing a ticket, no matter right or wrong.

Can one ever park in their parking lot and get a ticket for THAT? I am very disappointed. Will contest.

Attached is my drawing of the parking lot. It's just a general drawing; done without any scale; the L-shaped contrapture represents the 2 buildings, and the yellow-filled spaces represent parking spaces. However, the number of parking spaces on the drawing doesn't represent the actual number of parking spaces.

Had an Experience with City Of Cleveland Heights?

Comments